4.26.2007

What does it mean to be "Elven"?

It has been a long time since I've posted here. A comment on one of my posts came in today, and it reminded me that I would like to post here more often.

One question I hear a lot, and something that I'm always thinking about myself, is how does one know if they are "Elven"? Are there things that distinguish someone with Elven heritage from another person with no particular Elven connection?

For me, it has been simply a knowing of the truth of my Elven heritage. I can feel it to the depths of my soul. I was also blessed to have a Master Guide whom I love and trust very much, awaken those Elven memories within me. When he suggested that I had Elven heritage, it hit me like a tidal wave. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was true, and my whole life up to that point suddenly made sense.

Things that began to make more sense were things like how I've always talked to trees and plants, how I've loved to spend time in contemplation alone in nature, and my love of Lord of the Rings and the King Arthur tales. There were other personality traits that when I looked at them again, suddenly seemed like echoes and memories from lifetimes of experiences.

I believe there are many ways an incarnate Elve might chose to express his or her human aspect in this lifetime, and there are not really specific qualities that are "Elven." Though, I bet many of you Elves do love nature, can speak with plants, crystals, rocks or animals, understand Elvish language and love Lord of the Rings. I'm also guessing that many of you can speak to Elven spirit guides and feel their presence with you. I believe that these guides are often friends and family that we have known in the Elven world and they are ready to be of assistance to us should we ask.

There is one Elven trait I do know of, and that is the almond-shaped eyes. Many Elves incarnate here on Earth will still carry this design of eyes. They are known as Elven healing eyes.

6 Comments:

At 6/03/2008 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is very interesting point.. The elven heritage.
I have also been told that I have some elvish(or other worldly) characteristics in me. I used to take those comments as insults. But when I grew up I learned that those "weird" streaks are part of who I am. Part of my elvish heritage.

The most prominent physical features I have are all "elvish". e.g large almond shaped eyes, pronounced cheekbones, very long and thin fingers and pointish ears. And when I was a child I knew I was different from other children at my age. At school I didn´t play with other children but ran instead to the woods near by to talk to a huge bird-cherry tree. :) He was my best friend at the time. He knew all my troubles and secrets.

I have always been very artistic and seek beauty everywhere. Especially the beauty of the nature and the night sky with stars constellations has inspired me very much.
I´m also fascinated by the magick, astronomy and use of healing crystals.

Fairytales are mostly based on truth because they come from the collective conciousness of humankind.
So there are people who are elvish and some are trolls, fairies, vampires and many, many more. ^^
Only few have discovered it yet because modern world with all hustle and bustle makes it hard for a person to discover their true self.


-Miriam V.
,Finland

 
At 6/06/2008 2:50 PM, Blogger Kirelinn said...

Thank you for your wonderful words, Miriam!

 
At 10/11/2009 10:17 AM, Anonymous Louis said...

Hi Miriam.

Your post has lighten me of a weight.
I feeled in me that I was too close to nature than noraml. Others thinks I'm crazy for walking in the forest alone every day and talking of my problems to the trees around me.

Have a nice week,

Louis

Quebec

 
At 10/12/2009 6:55 PM, Blogger Kirelinn said...

Thank you for your comment Louis :-)
I know exactly what you mean. Nature is a great listener, and in her patient reflection we can hear our own thoughts and discover our own truths.

 
At 10/25/2010 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know...

I have always felt different, and have many of the characteristics you describe. I don't even fit in with my family's heritage really. Problem is physically aside from the almond eyes I am nothing like the elves are described. I am certainly not thin and willowy or light haired naturally and age has made those almond eyes much less so.

But I'm an elf. It feels this way inside and I find myself hoping that my true physical form is one I could relate to better. Can this be?

I don't want to think I'm some psycho or something believing in elves and fairies which have never been seen here and everyone says are not real.

 
At 10/25/2010 9:59 PM, Blogger Kirelinn said...

Hi Anonymous,
I think it's not so much how we look, but how we have this deep memory inside about being part of the Elven world. We have that knowing.
And I've thought I'm crazy a million times. I don't talk about Elven stuff with many people either. But Elven energy feels like part of who I am, it's a deeply ingrained part of my soul. If I feel this connection to the Elven world every day and have for years and it feels true to me, and it makes me feel good in so many ways, then I don't care anymore if I'm 'crazy.' It's a good crazy I think. I'm not harming anyone, and when I feel the connection to the Elven world, it only makes me feel stronger, more confident, connected to Mother Earth and nature, like I belong to a family, like my existence has a purpose, and I feel radiant and beautiful! (Wrinkled old almond eyes and all!!!)
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home